Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sleigh Bells vs. Borys the Polish pop singer

So a few weeks ago I went to see Sleigh Bells at a midnight concert at the Metro in Chi-Town. It was a very different scene then most concerts I have been too, but it was totes rad. I'm now pretty obsessed with their music. Sleigh Bells is a fairly new band established in 2008. They have one album called "Treats" The Duet consist of the vocalist Alexis Krauss, and Derek E. Miller who is the songwriter,producer and guitarist. They are very original, the sound they produces is very electro pop but, what I like is that it has an edgy feel. The guitarist plays so awesome hard riffs. See for yourselves below:



On the other hand, we have Borys Czapiewski. Who is also fairly new. Before his career as a pop singer, he was a backup dancer for many other Polish Divas. He became "famous" with his hit single "My Love" two summers ago, and released a CD called "Paczatek" which means beginning. Although this CD was not a great success, there is a place in my heart for it. Why? see for yourself:


(How can you not love him.)

So you might be thinking what does one have to do with the other? Well I'll tell you what:

(Borys Czapiewski on the left, Derek E. Miller on the right)

DON'T THEY LOOK SO SIMILAR?? BROS I SWEAR!

PS. When we saw Sleigh Bells the opening "Deejay", was utterly radick. His name was Pictureplane, and he had a "dancer" named. Mr. Freeze. Mr. Freeze was a women dressed in black from head to toe with a ski mask. Mr. Freeze also had of the gymnastics swirl ribbon thing. The song names were also whack, I don't remember what they were exactly but they went along the lines of, Space, Turquoise, and Teenagers in space. No words can really explain this embarrassment. This next clip is actually from the concert I went to. Check it out if you wanna see something ridiculously whack.

No comments:

Post a Comment