Sunday, March 14, 2010

Lace

This spring we will being seeing a lot of Lace. I wanted to make an outfit that stood out, but was practical and can be worn to school for example. I was inspired by this Valentino Spring 2010 Look.
This looks has a lot of texture and uses a lacy material. The color scheme is grey, but the model skin gives it a nice contrast. Although I would not wear this out in public, I like that Valentino used different patterns and lace. I applied this to make an outfit I could wear out on the streets, or in the classroom.
When putting this outfit together I knew that I would have trouble to make sure not to over due anything. I was determined to wear these new tights. I figured that if I want to mix patterns I would have to make sure there was something that each of the pieces would tie them together. The purple on the thighs and the purple on the shirt tied those together. The black lace skirt, shoes, and jacket all were black. Even though the black lace skirt and tights were a little risky, I think in the end it turned out well.

In this outfit I'm wearing:
T-shirt with boombox, Target
Black Zipup, Shanghai Red (TJMaxx)
Black Lace Skirt, Fleurish ( Macy's)
Bow Tights, H & M
and My favorite thing ever Volatile shoes.

In fact here is a close-up:

I like these because they make sneakers feel stylish. Also, big plus if your short! They are super tall and very comfy. If you want to spice up your shoe closet, but still look a bit sporty. Volatile has some sneakers, if your looking for a boost in height.

I'm hoping to put together some Gossip Girl Looks soon, SO BE EXCITED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment