Monday, February 21, 2011

Preparing for Warm Weather

Before I get on with my blog for today, I'd like to talk a little bit about on the diet I'm on. I will give you guys a little updates on my progress, in upcoming posts. I have always been on the heavy side, and have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. I have tried a few things before but nothing major. In high school I ate salad only for a month, and other such stupid self made diets. This diet is a lot different, and I'm being monitored by a doctor. It is called the HCG diet, which is based on Dr. Simeons book "Pounds and Inches". In this book Dr. Simeons describes the benefits of combining HCG (hormone) injections with a very low calorie diet (VLCD) for weight loss. The HCG releases the abnormal fat in your body so that you body can burn it off. When I heard about this diet I was very skeptical, it didn't seem very safe, or healthy. I thought of course I would lose weight I'm not gonna be able to eat. Also, there was no way I was injecting myself. I did more reasearch about the diet and found you can take sublingual drops and people's success stories persuaded me to give it ago. Of course, I wasn't going to trust one of those online scam sites. So I went to a Metabolic Clinic recommended by a family friend (who is also a doctor). I was given a packet of things I was allowed to eat, how I should record what I eat, a regimen of vitamins and supplement (which provide the nutrients I need), and normal test like: blood work, check-up, and a fat body scan. I have check-ups every two weeks, to make sure everything is well and I get body scans to compare my progress. Tomorrow is actually my first check-up. I started the diet on Feb.9 2011 so tomorrow will be exactly two weeks on the diet. I don't feel any more tired then usual, and I get small hunger pains, but they are manageable. I still have 20 more days left, so hopefully the pounds keep shedding off.

Here is my weight tracker:<



I've also decided to try out this site that everyone has been raving about Polyvore, so here are some outfits.

A style I could try when I'm 50 pound lighter.



Party-Time
Party-Time

Party-Time by Samantha Kamila Kopiec featuring a betsey johnson necklace


School!

No comments:

Post a Comment